Everyone wants to have better eye vision. Albeit, there are several ways to achieve better vision, it is still in the debate which corrective-vision procedure is a better solution – wearing contact lenses or undergoing LASIK Eye Surgery. To have a clearer vision, whether should you choose to continue wearing contact lenses or undergo vision correction surgery, this article shall give you brief discussion about the advantages and disadvantages for both procedures.
The contact lensesarethin, soft, and curved films that are made from hydrogels. These medical devices are usually placed directly on the cornea. Unlike glasses, contact lenses give you the freedom of wearing uncomfortable eyeglasses. Yet, below are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing contact lenses
- It is comfortable to wear
- Available in several tints
- Allows you to move freely without worrying about accidents
- There are specialized contact lenses that can be used overnight to reshape cornea and may temporarily correct myopia
- Discomfort after applying the contact lenses due to dryness and improper application of contact lenses
- It may cause dry eye syndrome if not used with proper technique
- Falling asleep with non-specialized contact lenses may cause dryness, gritty, redness, and eye irritation. Also, there had been medical reports that improper use of contact lenses may even cause serious eye problems such as, possibly complete blindness or even eye cancer.
LASIK Eye Surgery LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses) is a surgical procedure, correcting farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism, using a highly advanced laser. Below are its significant advantages and few of its disadvantages.
- The eye corrective procedure has a higher success rate than any other procedure or corrective-vision devices.
- The vision is immediately correct right after the day of the surgical procedure.
- Involves less to no pain procedure.
- Using eyeglasses and contact lenses are eliminated; thus, risk factors of wearing contact lenses or eyeglasses are eliminated, such as dry eyes and other serious eye problems.
- Can be expensive; however, worth it.
- Any corrections are permanent; thus, it is essential to find a skilled and professional laser eye surgeon to avoid errors.
Based on the review of two visual correction procedures, LASIK is much more efficient and safer than wearing contact lenses all the time. So, if you are planning to undergo LASIK eye surgery, you should never be afraid of the consequences, because, the truth is, there are no consequences but just have your vision permanently corrected. However, make sure to find the finest and skilled eye surgeon for a better to best vision.